Bounty Program will help you make money a lot of money if you mastered hacking
Ethical hacking – earn money legally as a loan, Haven’t you always wanted to make some money with hacking?
But not illegal – quite legal.
Many companies will pay you a commission if you manage to find a bug or vulnerability in their website or application .
In this post I will show you how you can find and report such bugs quickly and precisely.
Earn money with hacking
In general, you can try to hack any website and report the error to the operators. Many institutions and companies “still don’t see the real risk in XSS , CSRF + SQL ”, say thanks for the tip and that’s it.
Other companies that are a bit more open and say they are not perfect offer the hackers money if they find a bug.
Motivating companies for bug bounty programs
Businesses know they need to protect themselves from outside attacks. They prefer to pay you per reported bug or vulnerability.
- Finding one’s own mistakes is very difficult (operational blindness). The internal programmers and IT experts are often blind to their own security errors and problems in their systems. A third party (you) finds the errors much faster because he looks at the system from outside.
- On the web there are evil hackers (black hats) who want to enrich themselves and hacktivists who want to hack a government or a company to protest (e.g. Anonymous).
- They would rather pay an “IT security researcher” €100,000 (white hats) than a real black hat hacker manipulating, deleting or publishing sensitive company data on the Internet. A loss of reputation can cost a company a great deal of money and result in lost sales in the long term.
Payment – This is how your performance fee is calculated
The pay is very, very, very variable.
Depending on the severity of the bug found, the white hats receive money. This means, but not necessarily, that the difficulty of the hack attack increases with the premium.
A bit of luck, unconventional thinking, a pinch of technical understanding and an unusual path might get you there faster.
With white hat hacking and bug bounty programs, an Argentine has already become a millionaire without acting illegally.
Big companies like Microsoft launch their own programs . The following awards are noteworthy:
- If you can break out of a virtual machine in Azure, Microsoft will give you $300,000.
- If you can get admin access to Azure’s Lab subscription, you’ll also get $300,000.
- If you can run a critical remote execution in Azure, that’s worth $40,000 to Microsoft.
Basics: Hackerone Getting Started
- Sign up for HackerOne
- Go to the Directory tab
- Filter by…
- Program Features: Offer bounties a rake
- Asset type: Domain
- Sort by Reports resolved descending
- Scroll down the list
- Choose a company
- Read the guidelines carefully before you start hacking
You will receive different compensation depending on your vulnerability. Finding a permanent XSS vulnerability should pay the company significantly as some Link-XSS .
“In Boundary” or “Out of Boundary”
The company provides a list of domains. An asterisk means that it includes all prefixes and suffixes.
A website often uses different backends with different domains, each covering different functionalities.
Hack IT: Soft start in hacking world
If you are not yet a full professional hacker, you can read a lot about hacking, vulnerabilities and bugs yourself. The only way to learn proper hacking and coding (I’m beating) is to sit and hack in the comfort of your own home with no distractions.
Learn, try – hack
You don’t need a hacking course that costs +1000$, you need a strong will to learn something new. Most of the good material is free or can be borrowed from the university library.
Here are a few tips:
- HackerOne 101 course
- Everything about vulnerabilities and hacks: Hacksplanning
- One way to play is HackthisSite
- Hackers like to use Kali OS (Linux operating system with hacking tools). Here are the appropriate tutorials
The more you learn and test different hacking strategies, the better your security coding strategies will be. To find a bug in PayPal or Google, you don’t need to be a genius or a person with 10 years of hacking experience, just an unusual idea and approach.
How to find a company with bug bounty programs
HackerOne https://hackerone.com is a marketplace for hackers and companies with security needs.
HackerOne coordinates bug bounty programs.
The bug bounty programs are based on the agreement that hackers will look for vulnerabilities for a company , report them to the company and receive a certain amount of money for this.
White hat hacker = IT security researcher
White hat hackers do not work for themselves or a third party (competitor or government) for financial gain. White hats are IT security researchers trying to penetrate a company’s system so that the company can plug the gap.
Big (and small) companies run such bug bounty programs online. HackerOne only mediates the hackers. Even governments like the Pentagon US Department of Defense published a program there in 2016.
Leave a Reply