Kali Linux is very popular among penetration testers because of its environment, it has hundreds of hacking, pentesting and forensics tools which allows you to gather information, find vulnerabilities and create exploits for that we need to learn from the Best Kali linux books.
It’s one of the most used penetration testing distros It’s used by black hat hacker, grey hat hacker, and White Hat Hackers,
It always depends on you and how you use it, but to perform such actions you need to have great hacking and pentesting skills.
To become an expert penetration tester’s you must strive to improve your pentesting skills with Kali Linux by learning new things daily and believe me books have the potential to make you master despite being a newbie.
best kali linux books
basic security testing with Kali Linux
This is the best kali Linux books to start with, it’s best for beginners, this book teaches you from starting points
an introduction and overview , it also cover important topics such as exploiting Linux and Windows, Metasploit, social engineering, password cracking and so on!
in a simple way with images this book will explain most important topics,
the primary concern of this book is pentesting for security. It focuses more on How an attacker can find and exploit weakness in system, For e.g. How to discover vulnerability in system, which can be exploited by a malicious hacker, and this is the most essential skill.
this step-by-step guide covers:
- Kali Linux Introduction and Overview
- Shodan (the “Hacker’s Google”)
- Metasploit Tutorials
- Exploiting Windows and Linux Systems
- Escalating Privileges in Windows
- Cracking Passwords and Obtaining Clear Text Passwords
- Wi-Fi Attacks
- Kali on a Raspberry Pi
- Securing your Network
Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing
Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing is one of the best kali Linux books This book covers a series of chapters from basic to advance. The initial part wraps us common security testing methods and the middle section focuses on exploitation and post-exploitation methods.
You Will Learn:
- Employ the methods used by real hackers effectively, to ensure the most effective penetration testing of your network
- Select and configure the most effective tools from Kali Linux to test network security
- Employ stealth to avoid detection in the network being tested
- Recognize when stealthy attacks are being used against your network
- Exploit networks and data systems using wired and wireless networks as well as web services
- Identify and download valuable data from target systems
- Maintain access to compromised systems
- Use social engineering to compromise the weakest part of the network—the end users
- It represents bypassing physical security, social engineering, web services and attacking network direct end user.
You will learn about network exploit and security. It follows a hacker methodology with all practical knowledge needed to test your security. If you’re a beginner into IT Security field or appearing for any pentesting exam and you want to learn from beginning till end, then it’s for you.
kali linux wireless penetration testing beginner’s guide
This book is dedicated to Wireless hacking & pentesting. It will teach you How to create WLAN Lab and experiment pentesting like bypassing WLAN Authentication, Encryption flaws and Attack clients, with in-depth tutorial. It follows pentester’s methodology and focuses on advance Wireless attacks from Sniffing to Capturing WPA-2 keys. It also explores ins and outs of wireless technologies which is a very exciting part indeed.
- Learn wireless penetration testing with Kali Linux, the latest iteration of Backtrack
- Detect hidden wireless networks and discover their names
- Explore advanced Wi-Fi hacking techniques including rogue access point hosting and probe sniffing
- Develop your encryption cracking skills and gain an insight into the methods used by attackers and the underlying technologies that facilitate these attacks
What you will learn
- Create a wireless lab for your experiments
- Sniff out wireless packets and hidden networks
- Capture and crack WPA-2 keys
- Discover hidden SSIDs
- Explore the ins and outs of wireless technologies
- Sniff probe requests and track users through SSID history
- Attack radius authentication systems
- Sniff wireless traffic and collect interesting data
- Decrypt encrypted traffic with stolen keys
Web Penetration Testing with Kali Linux
This kali linux book is completely dedicated to Web pentesting covering wide range of lessons on SQL Injection, XSS, Exploiting server flaws, Authentication & Hijacking techniques etc. It teaches you How to find vulnerabilities in Web-Apps and Site using the most effective tools available for Web Penetration Testers. Apart from testing it also educates its reader on securing Web and its components, like patching flaws and preventing malicious exploitation.
What you will learn from this book
- Perform vulnerability reconnaissance to gather information on your targets
- Expose server vulnerabilities and take advantage of them to gain privileged access
- Exploit client-based systems using web application protocols
- Learn how to use SQL and cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks
- Steal authentications through session hijacking techniques
- Harden systems so other attackers do not exploit them easily
- Generate reports for penetration testers
- Learn tips and trade secrets from real world penetration testers
Kali Linux Cookbook
When you know what hackers know, you’re better able to protect your online information. With this kali Linux book you’ll learn just what Kali Linux is capable of and get the chance to use a host of recipes.
Recipes designed to educate you extensively on the penetration testing principles and Kali Linux tools
Learning to use Kali Linux tools, such as Metasploit, Wire Shark, and many more through in-depth and structured instructions
Teaching you in an easy-to-follow style, full of examples, illustrations, and tips that will suit experts and novices alike
Mastering Wireless Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments
Scan, exploit, and crack wireless networks by using the most advanced techniques from security professionals
About This Book
Conduct a full wireless penetration test and implement defensive techniques that can be used to protect wireless systems
Crack WEP, WPA, and even WPA2 wireless networks
A hands-on guide teaching how to expose wireless security threats through the eyes of an attacker
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for security professionals who want to enhance their wireless penetration testing skills and knowledge. Since this book covers advanced techniques, you will need some previous experience in computer security and networking.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the wireless penetration testing methodology
- Crack WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encrypted networks
- Scan and sniff wireless networks for rogue access points and logins
- Identify and detect vulnerable hosts
- Run vulnerability scans and exploit systems
- Learn to protect yourself from the latest wireless security threats
- Pivot between networks and systems to access other hosts and networks
metasploit the penetration tester’s guide
“The best guide to the Metasploit Framework.”
It was written by people very close to the project (the creator of SET, the creator of BackTrack, to name two) and the forward was written by HD Moore, the creator of Metasploit.
The Metasploit Framework makes discovering, exploiting, and sharing vulnerabilities quick and relatively painless. But while Metasploit is used by security professionals everywhere, the tool can be hard to grasp for first-time users. Metasploit: The Penetration Tester’s Guide fills this gap by teaching you how to harness the Framework and interact with the vibrant community of Metasploit contributors.
Once you’ve built your foundation for penetration testing, you’ll learn the Framework’s conventions, interfaces, and module system as you launch simulated attacks. You’ll move on to advanced penetration testing techniques, including network reconnaissance and enumeration, client-side attacks, wireless attacks, and targeted social-engineering attacks.
Learn how to:
- Find and exploit unmaintained, misconfigured, and unpatched systems
- Perform reconnaissance and find valuable information about your target
- Bypass anti-virus technologies and circumvent security controls
- Integrate Nmap, NeXpose, and Nessus with Metasploit to automate discovery
- Use the Meterpreter shell to launch further attacks from inside the network
- Harness standalone Metasploit utilities, third-party tools, and plug-ins
- Learn how to write your own Meterpreter post exploitation modules and scripts
The best book to learn hacking with kali linux
- Kali Linux Wireless Penetration Testing Cookbook
- Kali Linux Cookbook Second Edition
- Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing – Second Edition
- Kali Linux Network Scanning Cookbook – Second Edition
- Mastering Kali Linux for Web Penetration Testing
- Kali Linux Intrusion and Exploitation Cookbook
Make sure to check
Leave a Reply