The AWUS036ACH adapter is a dual-band USB wireless adapter operating at extremely long distances. An excellent, sensitive and powerful adapter – Must have for every Pentester. So let’s start with Alfa awus036ach review.
alfa Awus036ACH is designed according to the latest standards of 802.11ac wireless connections, thanks to which it can reach a maximum speed of up to 867 Mbps.This adapter is ideal for work in places with difficult signal reception conditions where it is required to ensure maximum data transfer speed with minimum delay.
Alfa AWUS036ACH is a powerful adapter based on the Realtek RTL8812AU chipset, which gives phenomenal signal amplification and speed. The adapter embodies the experience of many years of Alfa Network development in the wireless communications industry. The latest generation of WiFi networks, two removable high-sensitivity antennas resulting in extraordinary coverage and signal quality
- Key Features:
- Support 2 bands 2.4GHz and 5Ghz
- USB connection, USB 3.0 standard
- Chipset Realtek RTL8812AU
- The latest WiFi standard 802.11ac, speed up to 867 MBps!
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac, Linux
- 2 antennas + the ability to connect external antennas
|Interface||USB 3.0 Micro-B|
|Antenna connector||Detachable RP-SMA female connector|
|Antennas||High-sensitivity dual-band dipole antenna|
|Standards||Wireless IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE802.11g, IEEE|
802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac
|Frequencies||2.4GHz / 5GHz|
|Speed by standards||802.11a: 6.9,12,18,24,36,48,54Mbps|
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11Mbps
802.11n: up to 300Mbps 802.11ac: up to 867Mbps
|Wireless security||WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK,|
|operating system||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1 32 / 64bit|
MacOSX Intel-based 10.4 or later
Linux kernel 2.4 or later
Alfa AWUS036ACH is one of the most powerful and most powerful on the market in its price range. The device is made in a plastic case, has 2 antennas 5 dB, and connects via USB 3.0.
Like all ALFA Network adapters, the AWUS036ACH model has high output power, allowing you to find all available WiFi networks within a radius of 700 meters. The adapter works without a power supply, so you can connect to the network at any time, for example, when traveling in public transport .
The device is based on the Realtek RTL8812AU chipset, which is ultra-sensitive and works even with a weak signal (when the router is located outside the house at a great distance or behind concrete walls).
AWUS036ACH can operate in both the 2.4 GHz band and the 5.8 GHz standard using the 802.11a/ ac standard. In the 5.8 GHz band, the adapter provides maximum performance and transmission speeds of up to 900 Mbps.
The device can operate in monitor mode and packet injection (inject mode).
The adapter is compatible with all known operating systems installed on computers, including Kali Linux, so, regardless of whether you have a Mac or Windows, you can easily install alfa awus036ach driver and get to work. All drivers can be found on the disk included in the package.
Also on the disc is the program ALFA WiFi Scanner, it graphically displays the presence of all available networks with signal strength and encryption algorithm.
The device has the ability to work on all types of encryption used in WiFi networks, for this reason you will not encounter compatibility issues.
The adapter can be used both for desktops and laptops, and for connecting to a router to which you can connect several devices.
Equipment: AWUS036ACH, 5dBi dipole antenna x 2, CD, USB cable, holder-stand, instruction
Advantages of Awus036ACH WiFi adapter
- Works 4 times faster than a standard wireless adapter
- Works in two bands: 2.4 and 5 GHz
- Provides an excellent speed of reception and transmission of data: up to 867 Mbps /s
- Additional USB dock station and two mobile antennas will provide the opportunity to place the adapter in the best place to maximize the radius of work
- Regular 5 dBi antennas can be replaced with more powerful ones
Technical characteristics of Alfa Awus036ACH
- Chipset: Realtek RTL8812AU
- Speed: up to 867 Mbps
- Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11ac/b/g/n
- Frequency range: 2.4 and 5 GHz
- * 2.4 GHz frequency – up to 300 Mbps
- * 5 GHz frequency – up to 867 Mbps.
- Support systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Linux 2.4, Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite
- Connection security: WEP 64/128 bit WPA-PSK WPA2-PSK Cisco CCX
- Manufacturer: Alfa Network, Taiwan
- Ability to connect external antenna with RP-SMA connector
- Power and USB 3.0 connectivity
- Weight: 40g
- Dimensions: 8.5×2.2×6.3cm.
- 2 x RP-SMA female
- Number of external antennas
- 2 x 5 dBi
- Type of external antenna
alfa awus036ach driver
alfa awus036ach wireless network card use Realtek RTL8812AU chip. to get this adapter working in Kali Linux you must install the rtl88xxau-dkms driver .
Driver installation can be completed with the following steps
- Open terminal by “root” user.
- Upgrade kernel and install the driver package
- Please run the following command:
- apt-get install linux-image-amd64
- Please run the following command:
- Open terminal by “root” user, and execute
- apt-get install realtek-rtl88xxau-dkms
- or execute the following command if there were an existing installed package
- apt-get install –reinstall realtek-rtl88xxau-dkms
- Now you can restart the operating system or run the following commands to get the driver to work:
- modprobe 88XXau
- modprobe 8812au
Next, let’s switch the awus036ach to monitor mode:
sudo ip link set wlan0 down # disable Wi-Fi interface wlan0 sudo iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor # put the wlan0 interface into monitoring mode sudo iwconfig wlan0 txpower 30 # if necessary, increase the output power to 30 dBi sudo ip link set wlan0 up # enable Wi-Fi interface wlan0
kali linux alfa awus036ach
alfa awus036ach This network card is officially recommended by Kali 2017.1 version. It uses Realtek RTL8812AU wireless network card chip and supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac protocol, which means that it can support 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time, and has a very high network Rate. Alfa network AWUS036ACH has two 5dBi antennas, with very good wireless performance
awus036ach is An excellent, sensitive, and powerful adapter – a must have for every penterster.
Speed, power, dual band, USB 3.0, design, powerful antenna This is awus036ach in simple words
The Alfa awus036ach review has come to an end , please let us know in the comment what you think about this adapter
Please i need help how to install alfa awus036ach kali driver
John Rumsey says
You don’t need alfa awus036ach driver for kali Linux
Jack D. Fletcher says
This is the best alfa awus036ach review i found thanks for this helpful review
it’s work properly on Kali ? Monitor + injection mode ?
yes it dose